- 1 CUP Crab or Shrimp Boil Seasoning Mix.
- 1 Tbsp. Tabasco Sauce, more to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Black Peppercorns
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 Lbs. Medium Red Potatoes, Scrubbed
- 4 large Artichokes, timed (optional)
- 4 ears Corn, shucked and halved
- 3 med. White or yellow onions, peeled & quartered
- 4 heads Garlic
- 1 Lemon, halved
- 8-10 lbs. Live Crawfish rinsed
Fill a large pot (14-16 qt. Capacity) 1/3 full of water. Add the boil seasoning mix, Tabasco, salt, Peppercorns and bay leaves and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and artichokes, cover and return to a boil, cover and cook 5 minutes. Add the corn, onions, garlic and lemon, return to a boil, cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the crawfish, cover and bring just to a boil, then turn off the heat and let stand, still covered, for at least 5 minutes, or up to 30 if you like your food firey. Scoop out the crawfish and vegetables with a strainer or big slotted spoon or drain in the sink.
Cover your backyard picnic table or dinner table with plenty of newspaper. Dump the well-drained crawfish and vegetables right onto the newspaper or pile on big platters.