- 6 Tsp. unsalted butter
- 1 med-size eggplant (3/4 lb), peeled & cubed
- 1 Cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Cayenne
- ¼ Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ Cups milk
- ½ lb. Med. shrimp peeled & deveined
- ½ lb lump crabmeat
- 1 dozen shucked oysters, with their liquor
- ¼ C. grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- ¼ C. chopped green onion-green only
In a large skillet, melt 2 Tsp. of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant, onions, salt & cayenne & cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add the remaining 4 Tsp. butter & the flour and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Stream in the milk, stirring constantly, and cook until the mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium & add the shrimp. Simmer for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the crabmeat, oysters, and cheese and green onions & stir gently to mix. Serve hot.